Thursday, July 3, 2008

know your product

Like alot of businesses the fast approaching end of June means only one thing - stocktake. I like to think that I have a pretty good attention span when it comes to doing most things but stocktaking my little shop has been all over the place!
You see we do things the old fashioned way here - sure I have a computer but that's for email and internet... And every year I swear I'm putting in a computerized point of sale after losing count of gift wrap so I can walk up and zap things and ta da- its counted!
Anyhow after enlisting my other half's help last year, and the pain it caused him, he took it upon himself to find a better way using his computer geek savy without turning my shop into a multi national type bar coded sticker nightmare. And so we have excel. Hooray!!!

No comments: