Thursday, August 14, 2008

content or content?

I often get asked this question, and my answer is simply both!
Originally the short list for shop names didn't include "content" as a possibility - in fact I was sold on a name and changed it at the last minute... My mum and I were flipping through some mag's looking for inspiration and she piped up "what about contents, or content?". We came up with quite a few names that day but "content" grew on me - I liked that it had a dual meaning. The rest, as they say, is history.
In the shop I answer the phone con-tent, as in what's inside, as opposed to con'tent, as you may feel {are you with me?} I guess the shop is about the content of your life, not just your home, all the things and the people you live and work with. I see the shop as a creative space which offers things that make life better, more beautiful, and more inspiring. I hope you agree...

No comments: